THEME SESSIONS (WORKSHOPS)
Organizers of theme sessions should be prepared to submit the following information:
a) A short description of their session topic (300-500 words);
b) An indication of the structure proposed for the whole session: order of presentations, discussant
contributions, breaks, and general discussion by the audience;
c) The abstracts from all of their speakers, accompanied by all the information requested in the abstract
- by 15th February, only point (a) is to be notified together with the name(s) of the proponent(s), plus an estimate of the overall time required;
- by 15th April, the proponent(s) must notify the structure of the theme session (point b), the abstracts of all speakers (point c) and all other relevant information;
- proponents can choose the internal structuring of their Theme Session (e.g. replacing of discussant contributions or general discussion with further presentations) provided that coffee and lunch breaks are kept intact. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks
are preceded and followed by two-hour periods which allows for up to twelve 20-minute slots for presentations and final discussion;
- exceptionally, a Theme Session may take longer than a whole morning or afternoon. If this is the case, theme session proponents need to consult with the local organisers before the proposed session is submitted to be refereed.
For any further detail you may need in the organisation of your theme session, please do not hesitate to contact the organisers through firstname.lastname@example.org
All abstracts should be maximum 500 words (about one page) in English, including references, and they should specify research question(s),
approach/method/data, and (expected) results. Each proposal will be reviewed anonymously.
Notifications of the Scientific Committee's decisions will be sent out by 31st May 2008.
Submissions will be made electronically. The body of your email message should contain the following information:
- author name(s)
- full mailing address
- telephone number
- fax number
- email address
- title of presentation
- three keywords
- language of the oral presentation
- presenter(s) name (person/s who will be making the presentation)
a) oral presentation
c) preference for oral presentation but willing to do a poster (time slots for spoken presentations may be limited)
To send your proposal CLICK HERE (please label message subject "SLE 2008:THEME SESSIONS").
Abstracts should reach us by 15th April 2008.
No late submissions can be accepted.